又烤白菜？If not, meet your new favorite side dish! If you enjoyroasted Brussels sprouts, you’ll surely love roasted cabbage, which offers similarly irresistible crispy-caramelized-tender bits.
烤cabbage has a lot going for it, and it’s about time I shared my go-to roasting method. Cabbage is easy to prepare for roasting (much easier than Brussels),非常inexpensive, and lasts quite a while in the fridge.
另外，烤红甘蓝增加了醒目的紫色色调到餐桌。It’s fun, right? This dish would be a vibrant addition to your Easter meal.
Keep cabbage on hand in the vegetable drawer and you can turn it into a simple and nutritious side dish in twenty minutes. I’ll show you how!
Roasting cabbage is simple, but keep these factors in mind:
You can roast red or green cabbage, but I recommend choosing red.
This is key! Overcrowded cabbage will never crisp up, so look at my photos for reference. You can fit up to one pound of cabbage on a large, rimmed baking sheet at one time—that’s one small cabbage or one-half of a small-to-medium cabbage. I highly recommend roasting your vegetables on what’s called a“half-sheet pan,”which is a true kitchen workhorse with ample space and rimmed edges.
How to Roast Cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the perfect roasting temperature for yielding caramelized vegetables.
- Slice the cabbage into 1-inch chunks. This is my favorite size for yielding pieces with contrasting crisp-and-tender textures. I’ve tried slicing cabbage into wedges, but it’s nearly impossible to keep them intact when flipping and they don’t bake evenly.
- Toss the cabbage with olive oil and some salt, leaving any chunks of cabbage intact.
- 烤大约20分钟，在最后几分钟后扔了一半。如果卷心菜看起来有点褐色/烧焦，请不要担心 - 这可能是完美的焦糖！
烤Cabbage Serving Suggestions
烤的卷心菜是各种各样的易于一盘entrées, especially those that don’t require the oven (that way, your cabbage can roast while you’re preparing the rest of your meal).
烤cabbage is simple to throw together for a casual lunch at home. I’d love a side of roasted cabbage with agrilled cheese, for example—a great way to incorporate a hefty dose of veggies with a cheesy meal!
More Roasted Vegetables to Enjoy
Roasting vegetables brings out their best flavors. Here’s my growing list of perfected roasted vegetable recipes:
Perfect Roasted Cabbage
- Prep Time:5 minutes
- 煮熟时间：20 minutes
- Total Time:25 minutes
- Category:Side dish
- 菜式：N / A.
Learn how to roast cabbage with this simple recipe! Perfectly roasted cabbage is caramelized and delicious. It’s super easy to make, inexpensive and healthy, too! Recipe yields 4 side servings.
- 1pound red or green cabbage* (about1小卷心菜或者½中等的）
- 2 tablespoons特级初榨橄榄油
- ¼ teaspoon精细盐
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Slice the head of cabbage in half. Carefully cut out the white core, then place the cabbage with the flat side(s) face-down on the cutting board. Slice the cabbage into 1-inch wide columns and rows. I like to leave the chunks of cabbage intact when possible.
- Transfer the cabbage to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil on top and sprinkle the salt all over. Gently stir to combine, until all of the cabbage is lightly coated. Spread the cabbage into an even layer across the pan (again, chunks of cabbage are fine).
- Roast the cabbage in the preheated oven, tossing halfway, until tender and charred brown in spots, about 18 to 20 minutes. Enjoy.
*Quantity note:Cabbage varies quite a bit in size. For best results, either weigh your cabbage before using, or just don’t use more cabbage than can fit in a single layer across your pan, as shown in the photos. Overcrowded cabbage will not crisp up, so use two pans if necessary (place them in the upper and lower thirds of the oven, swapping the pans’ positions after you toss the cabbage halfway through).